Today i'm proud to announce the release of the first release canditate
of version 0.7. It took a really long time to make this version as it is
now, but i think it was worth to wait.
- Upgrade to FreeBSD 7.2.
- Include ZFS support. Thanks to Nelson Silva for doing core coding and Falk
Menzel for testing and giving some tipps and ideas.
- Upgrade iSCSI initiator to 2.1.1.
- Replace iSCSI target by istgt. Thanks to Daisuke Aoyama for the WebGUI
adaption. Please note, if you have used devices with the previous
software you have to recreate your target.
- Add WOL patch for nVidia(nfe(4)) and 3Com(xl(4)). Thanks to Tobias Reber.
- Upgrade mt-daapd/firefly to svn-1696.
- Refactor 'Diagnostics|Log' WebGUI.
- Add kernel patches to get ARTiGO A2000 hardware working. Thanks to
David Davis for the patches.
- Respect the modified log file location (via rc.conf for syslog, fuppes,
mt-daapd, ...) in the WebGUI (FR 2778803/2791772).
- Upgrade transmission to 1.61. Add 'Watch directory' and 'Extra options'
fields to 'Services|BitTorrent' WebGUI.
- Add entry 'FTP - Ban module' to the list of log files in 'Diagnostics|Log'
if the module is enabled (FR 2797652).
- Add 'iperf', a tool to measure maximum TCP and UDP bandwidth (FR 2785038).
- Add 'bsnmp-ucd' module that implements parts of UCD-SNMP-MIB.
- Add SNMP client tools: bsnmpget, bsnmpset and bsnmpwalk
- Add 'Auxiliary parameters' to 'Services|SNMP' that will be added to
of the snmpd.config file.
- Upgrade e2fsprogs to 1.41.5.
- Upgrade rsync to 3.0.6.
- Upgrade tftp-hpa to 0.49.
- Hardening WebGUI to prevent cross-site request forgery attacks
- It is not possible to format a SoftRAID disk with MSDOS FAT16/32.
- It is not possible to encrypt a disk partition, only complete disks
- It is not possible to get seperate CPU stats per processor on SMP
FreeBSD does not support that feature.
- Enable 'polling' on interfaces used by a LAGG interface will make it
- It is not possible to mount EXT2 disks with an inode size of 256
have to format it with 128 bytes on Linux to use them on FreeBSD.
- If DHCP for IPv4 is used, the IPv6 statically configured DNS server
overriden by the IPv4 DNS server.
- Downgrading to 0.69 via WebGUI fails because of broken pipe error.
- FreeBSD's ext2fs module, as of release 7.1, cannot mount ext2 file systems
with 256-byte large inodes, only 128 byte sized. Unfortunately, 256
the default size with many recent Linux distributions.
Please report bugs here: