H/W: 2 intel core 2 duo 64 bit
FreeNAS 0.69 RC2
Boot from CD
Driver: Microsoft iSCSI initiator.
OS: Windows 2003 Server, standard edition.
H/W: AMD 64 bit quad core
4 GB RAM
Steps to reproduce:
1) Created a 100 GB iSCSI extent and a target
on FreeNAS 0.69 RC2.
2) Use Microsoft iSCSI initiator to add the iSCSI target on the Win 2k3 server machine.
3) Format the iSCSI based disk into NTFS.
4) Partition the iSCSI backed disk into a single partition.
5) Attempt to copy a 2GB *.vmdk file into the disk,which is backed by a iSCSI target.
File Should be copied over successfully.
FreeNAS demonstrated behavior:
At about 1.5-1.8 GB copy progress, Windows iSCSI initiator complains that some data might have been lost and the entire file could not be copied.
Attempt to access the FreeNAS WebGUI but the gui doesn't come up.
Login to FreeNAS box and reinitialize the networking interface etc. and then the WebGUI comes back up.
The following error messages are seen in the log file:
Jun 21 04:59:36 iscsi-target: pid 5900:util.c:894: ERROR readv() failed: rc -1 errno 54
Jun 21 04:59:36 iscsi-target: pid 5900:target.c:931: ERROR cmd.tsih 0 not found