Title: Handover of FreeMind project

Announce
2008-03-16
2013-04-11
  • Dear FreeMind users,

I have handed over the FreeMind project to Christian Foltin.

I became an admin of FreeMind in January 2003, getting the role from Joerg Mueller, the founder of FreeMind project. At that time, FreeMind was already extended with the code that I had developed for it. In October 2003, Christian Foltin accepted the role of project manager, with me being the project director, the ultimate decision making instance. After a painful testing process, the release 0.8.0, developed mainly by Christian Foltin, came out in September 2005. The last release under my directorship was 0.9.0 beta 16, developed from 0.8.0 mainly by Christian Foltin and Dimitry Polivaev with my small code contribution, released in March 2008, after a testing process that is still largely unfinished.

I hope the project will stick to the values of simplicity, elegance, minimality, low burden on users' attention, high speed, and low memory footprint.

I wish the new director good luck in his efforts.

Best regards,
    Daniel Polansky

• samos29
      samos29
      2008-10-06

Hello
      Good luck to Christian Foltin and thank you for your work !!

• Dave Lutke
      Dave Lutke
      2008-10-18

Daniel and Christian,

I use this program every day... I thank you for your efforts and please continue to drive it forward.

Thanks to you both.

Dave

• I'm just starting out with FreeMind 0.8.1 and I love it.  I hope also the project sticks to the values that Daniel mentions above.  I'm so impressed by the elegance of this program and how fast and responsive it is.  Please keep up the great work and resist temptation and pressure to make it do "too much."