Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Freemind does not start + Mountain Lion + J7

Sukesh
2013-03-13
2013-04-11
  • Sukesh
    Sukesh
    2013-03-13

I have mountain lion with Java 7 installed but Freemind does not start. It says that "Cannot launch FreeMind. No compatible version of Java 1.4+ available". Kindly help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi,

which version of FreeMind did you tested? V1.0.0 RC2?? Can you give a screenshot of this issue?
    TIA, Chris

• Sukesh
    Sukesh
    2013-03-13

I tested both V1.0.0 RC2 and 0.9.0.
    Unfortunately, I cannot attach screenshot file and shared a link of the screenshot depicting the issue.

TIA, Sukesh.

• Hi,
    it is a system message. So, your system thinks, that java isn't installed. Please try 1.) Install and updating java via http://java.com and 2.) try another java program like jedit.

HTH, Chris

• Sukesh
    Sukesh
    2013-03-14

Hi,

If Java is not installed then it must prompt to install and not say that it is not compatible with 1.4 version. I think it found the java but it is not compatible with the version used for compiling FreeMind.

Moreover, I mentioned in my first post, I have Java 7 (only) installed on mountain lion. In addition, applied the solution mentioned in the below post:
    http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/58203/mountain-lion-with-java-7-only

In case, this setting is not the one expected then I would like to know what is the expected setting after installation of Oracle Java 7.

TIA, Sukesh.

• Hi,

sorry for you inconvenience. The dialog, you got, is from Mac and not from FreeMind. I would excpect some better error messages from the operating system, too.
    First: is FreeMind running, if you use the zip variant, with "bash freemind.sh"?
    Second: what happens, if you install and run "jEdit"?

HTH, Chris

• Sukesh
    Sukesh
    2013-03-16

Hi,

I have not tried the zip version. But I have installed Eclipse Juno and I am able to run Java programs using it with the installed same Java 7.

On further investigation I found the following error in the console:

3/16/13 7:43:59.354 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[147]: ([0x0-0x1a41a4].freemind.main.FreeMind[4847]) Exited with code: 1

TIA, Sukesh