Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Dragging IE link into map broken

TL
2007-09-07
2013-04-11
  • TL
    TL
    2007-09-07

I've jumped from Beta 9 to Beta 13 and I can no longer drag a web link from Internet Explorer into a map using the "insert a peer node" mode (Node should appear above the highlighted node).  It does work if I use the "insert a child node" mode.

TL

• Ken Robertson
      Ken Robertson
      2007-09-08

G'day TL,
      Interesting, I didn't realise that we could drag 'n drop browser links. That'll be a bit faster than copying 'n pasting.

However, in betas 9, 10, 12, 13 I get similar behaviour, the link is pasted showing the URL as the node text, and always as a child node, irrespective (as you said) of where the drop gradient suggests it'll appear.  (Betas 9, 10, 12 don't actually create a link, just show the URL as the text in the node.)

FreeMind 080 behaves differently. It creates 3 child nodes, the page title as a text node, the URL as a link node, and a text node with the text "Link", with a child being another URL link node.  That's choice for you!

I'm using FF 2.0.0.6 and have Java 1.6.0_02 installed courtesy of OOo

If we have a choice I'd prefer the page title as the node text.
      --
      Regards
      Ken