Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Preferences, Documentation, 2 Nodes 1 Child

Dave
2008-01-02
2013-04-11
  • Dave
    Dave
    2008-01-02

Love the program and is helping with my development project to lay it all out. However, there are some quirks that I was wondering how to fix or if they will be fixed in the upcoming release.

When I try to select preferences, it does nothing. No error, no pop up, nothing. What exactly is going on there?

When I try to look at the documentation the program looks for in the local directory that the mapping I am using is in. It pops up and error message that it cannot find it. How can I hard wire FM to look for the documentation in the installation directory.

Can two nodes have one sibling or child?

Thanks again for the great product.

I am using Windows XP SP2.

• Ken Robertson
      Ken Robertson
      2008-01-02

G'day Dave,

Happy New Year.

What version of Freemind are you using, and what version of Java is installed?
      (Once you can access Preferences you'll be able to fiddle with the location of freemind.mm)

Nodes can have as many siblings as you want (same generation), but children can only have one direct parent.  However, you might be able to use graphical link to connect two adjacent nodes to one one node's child.  Select the adjacent node, Ctrl-click to select the child and press Ctrl-L.  (The Arrow direction follows the order of selection, but you can change it afterward creating it.)

--
      Regards
      Ken

• Dave
        Dave
        2008-01-02

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response. I am using FM version 0.8.0 and Java SE Run-time Environment Version 6.

• Ken Robertson
          Ken Robertson
          2008-01-02

G'day Dave,

080 doesn't play nice with Java 1.6.  Can you downgrade to 1.5.0_14, or do you need 1.6 for something else? 
          You can get it here:  http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp about ½ way down the page.
          (You can have two versions on the machine at the same time.)

--
          Regards
          Ken