Reset FreeMind defaults to original

mikeb
2012-07-16
2013-04-11
  • mikeb
    mikeb
    2012-07-16

Can anyone provide an answer to my problem?  I changed some of the defaults under Preferences and am now unable to reset to the original. I did this according to the instructions only to find out later that that function no longer works in 0.9.0.
    I tried to reset them but have been able to accomplish this.  I tried to uninstall and reinstall FreeMind but nothing changed. I have over 25 mind maps that are now worthless to me because I can not read them.  Is there no way restore the original defaults?  I am in the middle of a cisco certification course an can not recover these maps.  Over 60 hours of work down the drain.

• Remove or rename user config directory <user_home>/.freemind . Hope it helps. Dimitry

• mikeb
    mikeb
    2012-07-16

Appreciate quick answer, Dimitry, but I have no idea where this would be.  I have checked all the files and folder in the FreeMind folder under the Program Files (x86)/FreeMind.   I am not a programmer so this is really meaningless to me.
    Could you please direct me to where I make this change in a very explicit set of instructions.  Thank you.
    Mike

• Usually under windows it is directory C:\Users\&lt;YourWindowsUserName>\.freemind

• mikeb
    mikeb
    2012-07-16

I just removed it and they all open with the original details.
    That did it Dimitry!!!  Many thanks!
    Mike