Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Home key behavior

Anonymous
2011-10-14
2013-04-11

• Anonymous
    2011-10-14

Ahh! I pressed shift+Home, backspace trying to delete the line I was working on in the note window and deleted a whole lot more text than I meant to and couldn't get it back!

I've started writing papers by generating an outline in map view and then filling in paragraphs in note view, and then exporting the whole lot to Microsoft Word using XSLT (which is really clunky, but serviceable; also, the instructions on the wiki are wrong and I haven't figured out whether I have permission to change them). Most word-processing apps use shift+home to select to the start of the current line and not the start of the current document or paragraph; it would be nice if Freemind followed the same convention.

Thanks!
    tim

• LogicDaemon
    LogicDaemon
    2011-10-22

confirm. Note editing in FreeMind has wide room for improvement.

Bugtracker is full of reports about notes: https://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=artifact&group_id=7118&words=note

I suggest that some other rich text editor should be used instead of what we've got for now.

Maybe text markup-based one even, with markdown syntax for example.

• Note that I'm a user, not developer of FreeMind