Can't read the set of freemind files wi...

• merrynus

can someone please help to either convert over or instruct how to read the freemind files I built (20+) using version 0.9 which I've downloaded?

• LogicDaemon

Usual double-click don't help? Why? What happens instead?
    If you want to read, just open them with FreeMind or any other app which supports FreeMind' mindmap format (there are about a dozen).
    If you want to convert, there are many ways to do it, depending on what is target format (what format you want to receive).

And something specific to your post.

You question suggests there is only one reason why you can't read set of files, and we all know it. But you're wrong. Unfortunately, there are thousands of possible reasons!
    Even If you can't open a door, there may be several reasons:
    * there is no door at you
    * there is door but it's closed with a lock
    * door is stuck
    * someone holds the door from other side
    * you push the door, but you shout pull

And depending or reasons, fixing suggestion will be different. There is no «one for all» solution unfortunately.
    And FreeMind (and ANY real software) is much more complex than the door. So there is no way to, not list, even imagine, whole set of reasons why you can't open files.

/* offtopic
    usually, when you post such a question, you'll get simple answer of type «all telepathist are on vacancy». Above I just explained its meaning.

So please,
    To help anyone reading this forum help you, please be as specific as possible: what is initial state (OS version, Java version), what you do (as specific as possible), what happens (=what you see), what should happen instead (best guess).

• LogicDaemon

Re-thinkining what I said… there three two common categories of reasons, why you can't open files.
    - It's files themselves
    - It's system state (OS, Java, App, configs/environment, etc.)
    - It's you doing something wrong

Still, this list barely can help.