Local Hyperlink with an EXE file

Roberdo
2009-12-14
2013-04-11
  • Roberdo
    Roberdo
    2009-12-14

If I put in an hyperlink something like C:\Program Files\program.exe, Freemind does not make "program.exe" start normally (as if the exe was started by double-clicking on its icon), but make it start as if "program.exe" was present in the folder where Freemind is present.

Why such a weird behaviour and is there something to do to make such hyperlinks work normally?

• Tibor Kupás
    Tibor Kupás
    2009-12-30

I have other problems with launching application function (which would be very useful for me when using Freemind in presentations:
    When parameters (pr switches) are added to the  command line, Freemind does not start launch it.
    For me (in version 0.9.0 RC6) the normal exe link works:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 2007\Office12\PPTVIEW.EXE
    But this does not work (the icon created automatically also changes):
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 2007\Office12\PPTVIEW.EXE" /EMBEDDING /N7 "C:\Download\Something.ppt"

• Roberdo
    Roberdo
    2010-01-01

More precisely, freemind looks for ini files and other such files in the freemind folder instead of in the folder in which in the exe is present.

If an exe containing such ini files is started through freemind, freemind will try saving the ini files in its own folder.

If certain exe can be started without any problem, it is simply because they happen to not to be containing ini files or other similar settings files.