character input sometimes not possible

2008-04-06
2013-04-11
  • freemind is going to be complete worthless because on some Linux computers after working a while all keyboard inputs are disregard (mouse is still working).

It's not reproducable. I'm working at home on SuSE 10.1 with 0.9beta13 (one monitor) without problems. at work I have this problems (also my colleagues) on openSuSE 10.2 (occurs with 0.9beta16,beta13 and also with 0.8.1). It occurs several times per day.

I have no idea why this is happen on some computers while on others not. The only thing I noticed it that all installations which are affected have 2 monitors, but maybe this is coincidence.

This character input problem does not affect another programm, also not Eclipse which is also Java-based. So something weird is going on with freemind.

• Eric L.
      Eric L.
      2008-04-06

Hi,

I would say that your issue _is_ Dual Monitor, Java has issues with this, and the fact that Eclipse is not impacted is not a proof, because Eclipse uses SWT where FreeMind uses Swing. You might want to try the same thing with a Swing application like http://jedit.sf.net/.
      Googling for "java dual monitor" I find many issues but little solutions.

If you'd like to go deeper into this, you should:
      - tell us the Java version(s)
      - check the logfile(s) from FreeMind and see if you get exceptions once (or before) the keyboard focus is lost.

Sorry, Eric