Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Freemind not opening

2013-10-26
2013-12-05
  • Alan Edwards
    Alan Edwards
    2013-10-26

I just downloaded the latest version of Freemind and it doesn’t open.

The error log file starts with:

"A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

Internal Error (virtualspace.cpp:114), pid=4356, tid=2884
    fatal error: os::release_memory failed

JRE version: (7.0_45-b18) (build )
    Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (24.45-b08 mixed mode windows-x86 )
    Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows"

Now, I first noticed this problem with the previous version of Freemind about a week ago after the latest Java version had updated.

Clues? And please do not assume that I like fiddling with shit … I am a humble user.

Alan

Last edit: Alan Edwards 2013-10-26
  • Hi,

you could try to start another pure java application like jedit. That would be very helpful.

TIA, Chris

• Alan Edwards
    Alan Edwards
    2013-10-26

Have nuked everything Java and Freemind on the computer ... and re-installed both from scratch.

Now working.

Java was crashing.

Thanks

• jeffr
      jeffr
      2013-11-27

I'm even less of a fiddler, but my problem sounds similar (FM fails to start when I upgraded to 1.0.0 on my Macbook running 10.6.8). Downgrade to 0.9.0 works but upgrades on other machines have worked, so .mms become incompatible. Can you explain "nuked everything Java and Freemind"?

tia

• jeffr
    jeffr
    2013-12-05

Downgrading to 1.0.0 RC 4 works fine (turns out that is what I have running on my other machine, an older MBP, as well). What broke after that?