Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Moving nodes in Windows

Help
2010-05-01
2013-04-11
  • Martin Osborne
    Martin Osborne
    2010-05-01

Hello All,

I'm using Freemind across a Linux machine (Mint 8) and a Windows machine (Vista 64) and all is well until I try and match the layout achieved on the Linux machine on the Windows version.

On the Linux machine I have my nodes arranged very creatively around my centre point - when imported into Windows the nodes won't go past the a line vertical from the edge of the centre node i.e. they wont go 'over' the central element.

Is this a 'feature' of the Windows version or am I not doing something?

Many thanks for reading this,

Martin

• Are you using the same version of FreeMind on both Linux and Windows machines? What you describe sound as if you had FreeMind 0.9.0 in Linux and FreeMind 0.8.1 in Windows.

-Dan

• Martin Osborne
    Martin Osborne
    2010-05-05

Hello, I think you're right! I hadn't thought to check since I downloaded both versions almost at the same time but it's true I have different versions!

Many thanks for pointing this out.

I think what must have happened is that Ubuntu doesn't have the latest version in the repos and someone recommended another source which I used and bingo I got this later (beta) version.

Anyway it proves the latest version works well! :-)

Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Martin