Mac Java Cannot Open Issue HELP!

Help
joeriki
2012-07-07
2013-04-11
  • joeriki
    joeriki
    2012-07-07

Hi i get this message when i try to open my mind maps.

javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Could not compile stylesheet

I read the other threads but eveyone is disccusion windows solutions. I cant find any support for mac and this issue.

What i have done so far is update freemind to the lasts FreeMind_1.0.0_Beta_3.dmg  and i updated the lastes java  JavaForOSX.DMG

the windows guys rolled back the java and that worked or they updated the freedmind10 beta and that worked. But on mac you cannot roll back java.   Its says need operating 10.6. I have lion 10.74

The irony is the new freemind beta 10 is great because i can now at last see wll my maps with quick look. Awesome. But i can edit any of them. I desperately need a fix as  being dyslixic, this program is my organisational lifeline.

Any ideas what to do?

He is the windows thread  https://sourceforge.net/projects/freemind/forums/forum/22102/topic/5250559

• joeriki
    joeriki
    2012-07-07

PS it is only on opening existing mind maps. I can create new ones.

• Gareth
    Gareth
    2012-07-12

I'm also seeing this on Mac 0.9.0 in two situations:
    1. Where I have imported an MindManager X5 map
    2. Where I open a mm file created from a MMAP file in windows (and sync'd via Dropbox) The windows version is 0.8.0

• joeriki
    joeriki
    2012-07-12

Oh so people do read these.  lol   I dont know what you mean but it sucks it does not work. I have to open old mind maps in windows xp on parallels.  Making me using xp is a crime.