Latitude and Longitude

Help
Loretta
2014-01-17
2014-01-20
  • Loretta
    Loretta
    2014-01-17

With the new location based mind mapping feature on version 1.0.0 is it possible to search for a location using Latitude and Longitude? I have tried and it does not seem to work.

• Hi,

the search for lat+lon isn't possible at the moment. What is your use case for this functionality?

Br, Chris

• Loretta
      Loretta
      2014-01-19

The case for this functionality is to be able to search a location based on longitude and latitude when you want to mark a location on map when it has not been drawn on a map, especially in remote areas that have not been fully mapped on OSM. For example I was looking for particular road in the Victoria Falls area of Zimbabwe (Africa) but could not find it. However I was able to obtain the longitude and latitude. I therefore thought it would be possible to mark this location on the map since on FreeMind 1.0.0 the Map viewerseems to indicate longitude and latitude in the decimal format at the bottom of the viewer. In my opinion this would be a nice feature to have with regards to remote areas or areas that are not well mapped.

• ftr
        ftr
        2014-01-19

I guess it would be more simple for a non-geographical programme to
        understand decimal coordinates. So, if you first change long/lat
        coordinates into decimal ones and try then ?

On 19/01/2014 23:07, Loretta wrote:

The case for this functionality is to be able to search a location based
        on longitude and latitude when you want to mark a location on map when
        it has not been drawn on a map, especially in remote areas that have not
        been fully mapped on OSM. For example I was looking for particular road
        in the Victoria Falls area of Zimbabwe (Africa) but could not find it.
        However I was able to obtain the longitude and latitude. I therefore
        thought it would be possible to mark this location on the map since on
        FreeMind 1.0.0 the Map viewerseems to indicate longitude and latitude in
        the decimal format at the bottom of the viewer. In my opinion this would
        be a nice feature to have with regards to remote areas or areas that are
        not well mapped.

Latitude and Longitude
        https://sourceforge.net/p/freemind/discussion/22102/thread/6f4da86e/?limit=25#8bda/3270

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
        https://sourceforge.net/p/freemind/discussion/22102/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
        https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

• Hi,

ok, I understand the use case. The functionality is easy to implement, but currently not present. I would add it to the search dialog: if you enter lat, lon it is presented as if it would be a search result.

Br, Chris

• Loretta
      Loretta
      2014-01-20

Could you please please implement in the next version? I am sure this would be useful to many other people as well.