Newbie: Connecting Lines Too Long

Help
Jim Moyer
2012-12-14
2013-04-11
  • Jim Moyer
    Jim Moyer
    2012-12-14

Sorry for the cluelessness.  Several of the child nodes for me are now at the end of superlong, spidery lines, pushing them way off the screen.  I want to "tighten up" my map so that it isn't all over the place, and I can't figure it out.  I am using FreeMind both on my work PC and on my Mac at home, and saving the files to Dropbox to synchronize.  Thanks for helping a newbie.

• Jim Moyer
    Jim Moyer
    2012-12-14

Finally figured it out after a couple of days of hair-pulling.  The lines between the root and the node are interdependent and I had to adjust them all on one side to get the long ones shorter.  Sorry for the annoyance.

• Tannis Baker
    Tannis Baker
    2012-12-22

Hi there. I am also a newbie and have been struggling for a half an hour trying various ways to get my mindmap condensed - but the spidery lines just keep getting worse! What exactly did you do to make yours work?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

• Tannis Baker
    Tannis Baker
    2012-12-22

Never mind!! I just sort of figured it out. Although I am not sure of the rhyme or reason, I was able to get the lines to play with each other nicely and everything is now compacted!