How to change menu font weight + disable the folding symbol?

Help
Pavel S.
2013-06-13
2014-05-08
  • Pavel S.
    Pavel S.
    2013-06-13

Hello all.

First of all, I'd like to thank the developers for their effort as it's very useful piece of SW! :-)

Up to 0.8.x, FreeMind used SansSerif in normal weight as the menu font. From 0.9 till now it uses bold SansSerif. It's a detail, but is there any way I could switch the weight back to normal? Now it seems like some old school application for Windows 3.1 or somethig like that and it's awkward (at least for my eyes :-). I would like to use Tools/Preferences.../Appearance/Look and Feel set to Default (or to Windows or Windows Classic, as I did not notice any difference), but with normal menu font. My OS is Windows XP SP3.

The second problem is also rather minor one: if I set the "Tools/Preferences.../Behaviour/Folding Symbol Width" to 0, I expect no folding symbol ever, as it was in 0.9 version. Unfortunately, in 1.0.0 RC4 there's no difference between Folding Symbol Width set to 0 and 1, as in both situations FreeMind behaves like the value has been set to 1.

Best regards, P.

• Pavel S.
    Pavel S.
    2013-09-11

The second problem seems to be solved in RC5 => big thanks to the maintainers. :-)

• Zandy
    Zandy
    2014-02-06

I have the same problem :-( Are there any suggestions to change the menu font?
    As described by Pavel, the release 1.0.0 (stable version) has an option to change the font to another scheme (Tools - Preferences - Appearance - Look and Feel), but when i use "Windows" (btw: there are 2 "Windows" Entries) oder "Windows Classic", nothing happens.
    What can i do?

Thank you

• Fulvio Corno
    Fulvio Corno
    2014-05-08

I have the same problem regarding menu fonts, even with 1.0.1.
    Strangely, it only happens on some computers. Any suggestions about how to debug it? Where are font specifications taken from?
    Just to be clear, fonts in the mindmap are perfect. Just fonts on the UI (menus, dialogs, etc) are bold.

EDIT: I just found a workaround. The problem appears when the application language is set to "Automatic". If I set the application language explicitly to "En" (or to other languages), the menu fonts are again nice (non-bold).

Last edit: Fulvio Corno 2014-05-08