Map contents disappearing...

Help
Antonimo
2004-11-03
2013-04-11
  • Antonimo
    Antonimo
    2004-11-03

I have been using 0.7.2 for some time without any problems and I recently started using 0.8.0 with any problems for the first few days.

Suddenly, Whenever I try to re-open a mind map  that I have created and saved with 0.8.0, the map displays the "New Mindmap" node in the centre and everything has disappeared.

Looking at the .mm file in notepad shows that all of the data is still there:

<map version="0.8.0_alpha">
    <!-- To view this file, download free mind mapping software FreeMind from http://freemind.sourceforge.net -->
    <node ID="Freemind_Link_1251372694" COLOR="#660099" TEXT="November">
    <font NAME="SansSerif" BOLD="true" SIZE="16"/>

etc...

Can anybody tell me what has happened to the maps? The software is unusable if I cannot re-open maps.

• Antonimo
      Antonimo
      2004-11-03

This bug has been noticed and reported in the "Open Discussion" forum as a reply to the post entitled, "Freemind 0.8.0 Aplha: New testversion" (https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1169487&forum_id=22101
      ) but does anybody have any suggestions as to how to recover the map, say in a previous version?

Currently, I am unable to open the maps in 0.7.2 as well as 0.8.0 even though I have tried to manually remove the refrences to the graphical links in notepad.

• david low
      david low
      2004-11-04

Hi Antonimo,

I have only been using V0.8 in test on some simple maps and I have been able to get the map to re-display again by removing the graphical link references.

Each node has a link number associated with it which are harmless, I think you need to remove the lines that start with:

<arrowlink ID="Freemind...

which are the actual graphical links and see what happens.  As always, back up your existing maps and try it on some simple maps first to see how it goes.

regards,
      David

• Hi,

for a bugfix see "Open Discussion" or the testversions. Chris

• Antonimo
      Antonimo
      2004-11-04

0.8.0_alpha2 ha solved the problem with graphical links.

Thanks David & Chris!