clipperman
2012-05-05
2013-09-05
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • clipperman
    clipperman
    2012-05-05

created in older version, I get this:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Could not compile stylesheet

• Sasq
    Sasq
    2012-05-13

ditto here, adding reply only to get notified of any responses - ignore

However, strange as I was able to open it a week or two ago

• Hi,

sounds like a defect program installation. Try to reinstall.

HTH, Chris

• Tomophy
    Tomophy
    2012-05-16

Re-installation could not fix the problem. I found that the problem occurred only when a file in FreeMind 0.8 or older would be opened on FreeMind 0.9 + Java 7 + Windows 7 (64bit).

• Hi,
    please send the log file to me.

TIA, Chris

• Sasq
    Sasq
    2012-05-17

Same combination for me, I think, Win 7 + 64 bit, Java is Java 6, update 32, 6.0.032

I'm sure it worked to open these files a few weeks ago, but since then Java has been updated, however, I am not totally sure that the two are connected.
    When I get home tonight I will also try to load the same files on an old XP 32 bit machine into FM0.9.0 and re-save, then trasfer to the Win7 machine, and will let you know how that goes. If it works, at least it's a workaround for now

• Sasq
    Sasq
    2012-05-17

how do I generate/find the log file?

• Tomophy
    Tomophy
    2012-05-17

The log file is in the following directory.
    C:\Documents and Settings\\.freemind

• Sasq
    Sasq
    2012-05-17

Log files sent

• Tomophy
    Tomophy
    2012-05-18

Hi Chris,
    How do I send the log file to you?

• Sasq
    Sasq
    2012-05-18

Click on Chris's name above one of his posts, and on the page that appears, there's a send me a message link on the right.  I had to copy and paste the log file into the edit window as I couldn't find a way to attach a file.

I've also been working with Chris on this one and so far I've found on an old XP machine on an older version of Java that the problem was not there, until I updated the Java to the latest, when it appeared.  So it looks to be java version related, not XP vs W7 or 32 vs 64 bit

• Sasq
    Sasq
    2012-05-18

Incidentally, that's a workaround. Find a machine with an old version of java, or go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/archive-139210.html  and open the old files in 0.9.0, then save them in 0.9.0, then you can go back to the up to date (and more secure) java version

• Tomophy
    Tomophy
    2012-05-19

Hi sasqueatch99,
    Your advice and analysis are perfect. Thanks!

• Anonymous
    2012-06-13

Hi,

I have just fixed the problem by copying xalan.jar to your jre/lib/endorsed folder.

You can download from http://mirror.overthewire.com.au/pub/apache/xml/xalan-j/
    unzip the jars, create folder 'endorsed' under your jre/lib, copy the jars over there, restart freemind.
    Then it should work.

• Sasq
    Sasq
    2012-06-14

Hi.  Could you give the instructions for a Windows 7 installation, please?  I tried putting folder "endorsed" under C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeMind\lib  and copying just the four .jar files serializer.jar, xalan.jar, zercesImpl.jar and xml-apis.jar  then  restarted Freemind and got the same error.   I also tried just the file xalan.jar

I got the files from file http://mirror.overthewire.com.au/pub/apache/xml/xalan-j/xalan-j_2_7_1-bin.zip

The files had a 2007 datestamp (?)

Thanks

• Tomophy
    Tomophy
    2012-06-19

FreeMind 1.0.0 beta 5 has solved this problem.

• Sasq
    Sasq
    2012-06-19

Thanks; I'll take a look

• I have this problem too, and that means a lot of information has been lost, and I don't see it having been solved in the new version (I just downloaded it, a couple of hours ago)
    What should I do to at least retrieve the text that was in the mindmap?

• Hi kataphilein,

did you download the FreeMind 1.0.0 beta 5 version? The problem is a java issue, but fixed with a workaround in this version.
    If you want, you can send the map to me, and I recover it, if there is another issue with your map.
    Moreover, please send me the log file.

HTH, Chris

• gester
    gester
    2012-09-08

hi
    the same here. i'm on a mac (either leopard or snow leopard), and can't open the freemind files created with a 0.8.1 version…
    rob

• gester
    gester
    2012-09-09

sorry chris,
    i missed the v1.0.0 release for the mac, i thought the latest was 0.9.0. is working with 1.0.0 beta possible, or should i go back to 0.9.0.?
    thx, rob

• Hi,

for myself, I allways work with the latest version, and, especially here, if you don't use clones everywhere, all should work as expected.

HTH, Chris

• Dan Betts
    Dan Betts
    2012-09-18

I had this problem when opening a project made with an older version of mindmap. This made me panic a little at first, but don't worry, an older version of mindmap will open these files just fine, so you're stuff isn't lost.

This leaves you with the problem of bringing your old stuff into the newer versions of mindmap, and the solution I found was pretty simple. I'll break it down in point form:

- Install new mindmap (which you probably already have)
    - Install older version that works (I named the Mindmap(old) to make it clear which one I was loading).
    - Load both the old and new one side by side. (In windows 7 you can just drag the program off the screen to the left or right and it will snap to 50% of the screen).
    - Open your project in the old mindmap
    - Create a new project in the new mindmap
    - Drag and drop the base branches from the old mindmap into the new. (all sub-branches will also copy)
    - Once you've copied them all across and both sides of your screen are looking the same, save and you're done.

Hope this helps.

• lucio
    lucio
    2013-02-28

Hi, I've the same problem with freemind 0.9.0 in Ubuntu 12.04
    So I decided to use  freemind-unstable/1.0.0_Beta7/ so I downloaded
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/freemind/files/freemind-unstable/1.0.0_Beta7/
    I decompressed or opened it by sudo tar zxvf freemind-src-1.0.0_Beta_7.tar.gz
    So in the directory freemind so made I didn't find any usefull file to install freemind.
    So I tried sudo ./configure but it doesn't work
    Whot can I do ?
    Thank you

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)