help my eyes

Help
2005-03-01
2013-04-11
  • is there a way to change the background color so it's a very light grey? I dig the software but my eyes have developed a serious sensitivity to light over the years, and the bright white is too much for them... I tried going in and changing the background color in the userproperty file, but nothing happened, so apparently i'm doing it wrong... thanks,  D

• Newstech
      Newstech
      2005-03-01

Did you remove the '#' at the start of the line?

If that doesn't work, make sure you're changing the user.properties in your home directory, not the copy in the program installation directory.

I've found a pale yellow -- FFFFCC -- is pleasant for a background.

• these are zeros not letter O's correct?

• Roland
          Roland
          2005-03-02

Hi!
          Try this version:

##The standard background color in html notation
          standardbackgroundcolor = #c0c0c0

I think your problem is that you deleted the "#" before c0c0c0. And yes, the "0"'s are zeroes!

By the way thank you for the idea of changing background color - my eyes also enjoy the grey instead of bright white ; - )

Roland

• I changed the following code:  standard background color in html notation #standardbackgroundcolor = C0C0C0

As far as I remember there was a # in front of COCOCO  and (COCOCO used to be ffffff)

this was all done under user.properties file under c:\documents and settings \debu\freemind  Can anyone see why this might not be changing? thanks, D

• >> I changed the following code:  standard background color in html notation #standardbackgroundcolor = C0C0C0
        >> Can anyone see why this might not be changing? thanks, D

Remove the comment character ('#') at the beginning of the line, and all should be well.

--Rich

• ok I removed the # in front of #standardbackgroundcolor= COCOCO

when it opens i get the error: an error occured opening the file: I:\==Texts==\productivity=\SF To do.mm

freemind opens but this mm wont. I go into file browser and try and open a mindmap and get.
      java.lang.illegalArgumentException: No xml color given by 'COCOCO'

the code I changed now reads like:
      standardbackgroundcolor = C0C0C0
      ##The Look&Feel to use.

thanks for the help, D

• ok I removed the # in front of #standardbackgroundcolor= COCOCO

when it opens i get the error: an error occured opening the file: I:\==Texts==\productivity=\SF To do.mm

freemind opens but this mm wont. I go into file browser and try and open a mindmap and get.
      java.lang.illegalArgumentException: No xml color given by 'COCOCO'

the code I changed now reads like:
      standardbackgroundcolor = C0C0C0
      ##The Look&Feel to use.

thanks for the help, D

• nice, thanks for the help, that worked!