Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
I'm getting the "No print service found" error, but the Freemind on Linux page doesn't seem to fix my problem (i'm pretty sure jdk1.5 is being used):
SInce there wasn't a redhat rpm, I installed from the zi pfile and start it with freemind.sh.
If anyone has a clue but needs more info, please let me know.
Here's some info from a terminal:
jbhatt-linux:~/freemind> freemind.sh DEBUG=1
Looking for user properties:
User properties found.
Default (System) Look & Feel: javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel
[Freemind-Developer-Internal-Warning (do not write a bug report, please)]: Tried to get view without being able to get map module.
jbhatt-linux:~/freemind> which java
OK, some points to clarify the situation:
- there is an RPM for RedHat, or at least Fedora Core 2, which might work under RedHat 7.2 (though it's quite old, but as the only dependency is Java, it should be fine). Go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/freemind, select link "Files" and try the package "freemind-0.7.1-6notsuse.noarch.rpm".
- concerning the DEBUG option, it does only work with the packaged version, and it must be before the command; i.e.:
- concerning your actual problem, different possibilities:
1. Java 1.5 does not support CUPS (I wrote "looks like"), then follow FAQ.
2. I don't know if RedHat 7.2 has cups support!? what does "rpm -qa | grep -i -e cups -e lp" bring?
3. RH7.2 is pretty old, you might want to try install Java 1.4.2 instead of 1.5?
4. when you start freemind from the console, and try to print, does some error message appear on the console?
5. of course, outside of FreeMind, you are able to print?
No more ideas yet.