Save All Open Maps?

Ali
2004-12-21
2013-04-11
  • Ali
    Ali
    2004-12-21

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there is some way to save all the open files instead of saving each map individually?

Thanks

• Ali
      Ali
      2004-12-25

Hmm... no response, I guess only shouts get responded to ;)

Anyway, what i mean is that i have multiple maps open in FreeMind. I did a change then switched to another, changed that and switched to yet another. Now i thought i ought to save these. Instead of going to each map and pressing ctrl+S on it, is there any way to save all of the open maps?

If not, could this be considered a feature request?

Thanks

• Hi,

sure and I think, that there is already such a request.

Feel free to implement this feature.

Chris

• Ali
      Ali
      2005-01-06

Dear Chris...

After several differnet approaches, i settled on this one (as it seemed the easiest). I added a method saveAll() in ControllerAdapter.java:

private void saveAll()
      {
             for(int i = 0 ; i < noOfMaps; i++){
                     System.out.print(i);
                     if (!getModel().isSaved()) {
                             save();
                     }
                                                 getController().getMapModuleManager().nextMapModule();
             }
      }

In order to get this to work, i needed to make nextMapModule() public. I also added a menu item to File Menu in MindMapController.java: "Save All".

This works fine, but is there a better way to do it? Am i missing some thing here? If it's all right, could you get it checked in?

Another thing i would really love to do is have a Freemind Applet that supports not only opening of maps but all kinds of editing as well. Is this possible?

I don't have much java experience but have worked in other languages. I am willing to work on a full applet version of freemind but could you please guide me a little?

Thanks...