FreeMind 1.0.0 Beta 3

2012-05-09
2013-04-12
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Dear FreeMind users,

now, the third beta version of FreeMind 1.0.0 is available. It is mainly a bug fix release, as the Beta2 version had several flaws.
    "Beta" indicates, that there is no big risk of data loss, but some of the new features may not work as expected.

Observe, that maps, when saved with this version, can't be opened with the stable release 0.9.0 afterwards, as the file format is enhanced in 1.0.0.

Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/freemind/files/freemind-unstable/1.0.0_Beta3/

Best regards, Chris. FreeMind's director

The exact changes:

===============================
    Changes made in FreeMind 1.0.0 Beta3
    ===============================
    * FIX: Scripts in Patterns should work now.
    * NEW: In the new search dialog, folded nodes can be hidden.
    * NEW: Purging of old tile images in cache added
    * FIX: Clone functionality in combination with the automatic layout.
    * CHANGE: In new search (& replace) dialog, sorting is case insensitive.
    * FIX: Undo for paste actions

• Kristof Hardy
    Kristof Hardy
    2012-05-17

Excellent, thanks!

A minor issue I have seen is when you create a new map with some child nodes and export them with some closed nodes.

I export to png/jpg/pdf but the closed node shows the end of the line cutt too early.

Here's an example:

Cheers,
    Kristof

• Kristof Hardy
    Kristof Hardy
    2012-05-17

That didn't seem to work.. Here's the link to the image: http://twitpic.com/9lyet8

• Hi,

thanks for the bug report. I'll have a look into this.

Regards, Chris

• Sam Abboushi
    Sam Abboushi
    2012-05-17

Great software!

Table of key mappings (in help): seems there are no returns/linefeeds

File commands:New map    -Ctrl+NOpen Map    -Ctrl+OSave map…

• Carl Brusse
    Carl Brusse
    2012-05-18

Bug in clone behaviour when moving cloned nodes (unwanted duplicates created)

To reproduce: create a node on the right of a new blank mm, and add three child nodes named 1,2,3. Clone-paste each of these three onto another node on the left side of the home node. Then move the original node 3 so that it's now positioned between 1 and 2. A new node 3 clone will be created on the left side between 1 and 2, with there being now 4 nodes on the left branch, named 1,3,2,3.

Before:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kggusb7ne517bb/clonebreakBefore.mm

After:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jy5mwzyb1qhcx49/clonebreakAfter.mm

cheers,
    Carl

• Anonymous
    2012-05-20

There's something missing if this is Version 1.0.0 and you announce it like this http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

In addtion, adding a hudge picture (yee, high resolution) the map becomes unusable because everything is covered by this image and you have to zoom out way to far. Please resize it or place it in the simplyHTML, as announced.

• Hi RMP,

which picture do you mean? And is it not a release but a beta.
    HTH , Chris

• Scrofulous
    Scrofulous
    2012-05-21

I just updated from 0.9.0 to this version. I got a dialog box informing me that my mind map would be converted to the new format. Upon clicking Yes, I just get an error saying "javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Could not compile stylesheet". Any ideas why this is happening? I installed this beta over 0.9.0 without uninstalling. Could that be the issue?

• Scrofulous
    Scrofulous
    2012-05-21

Hmm, I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and got the same issue.

• Hi osmithy,

this seems to be a new java issue, just reported by three users. Just, reinstall 0.9.0 and I'll try to repair this.

HTH, Chris

• Scrofulous
    Scrofulous
    2012-05-22

Done. Thanks for looking into this. I just started using FreeMind and I LOVE it!

• Jim Budet
    Jim Budet
    2012-05-23

I'm interested in testing FreeMind Beta 3, however because of the file format change, I need to retain the ability to run version 0.9.0 also. Can I install FreeMind Beta 3 on Mac OS Lion along side version 0.9.0? If so, how?

Thanks.

• Haemish
    Haemish
    2012-05-24

Hi,

I might have missed something but i have been trying to add a keystroke under Preferences-> Keystrokes. In previous versions I have been able to set Ctrl+Alt+M to insert the red flag icon. Pushing Ctrl does nothing……so I am not sure how to do this.
    As I say I might just be missing something but it also might be something that is not correct.

Thanks.

• Hi,

what do you mean with red-flag-icon? Is there a menu point with the same action?
    Regards, Chris

• Haemish
    Haemish
    2012-05-26

Hi,

Thanks for the response.
    What I wanted to do was be able to assign a keystroke (for example Ctrl+Alt+M) to insert a specific icon. This would almost be a macro to the menu point Insert-> Icons->"Specific Icon".
    I have been trying for a while now so I assume the only way to do this is to use ALT+I and then assign a key to the specific icon.

Thanks for the response. This is a great product and something I have got everyone in my offices now using :)

Haemish

• Hi,

an easy way to get an icon to a key is to go to the style editor (Format -> Styles -> Manage Styles), take the third for example (F3), making all boxes to show nothing except the icon box, who should show a "+" and the corresponding icon (red flag). Then, by pressing F3, you get exactly the red flag.

HTH, Chris

• Hi,

recently, I've uploaded a workaround for the java7u4-bug. Can somebody please test this and report to me, whether or not it does work?

TIA, Chris

• Clive Sabey
    Clive Sabey
    2012-05-31

Hi Chris,

I'm happy to test it for you. Please could you post a link to the file as I can not see a new beta version in the 'Files' section.

TA, Clive

• Hi,

tested for myself, but there are some jars missing. Sorry, Chris

• Himanshu Gohel
    Himanshu Gohel
    2012-06-04

Hi all, I'm running into the same problem mentioned in Message 10 with Java 7 Update 4 on my system.  Chris, could you please post a pointer to the missing JAR files?  Thanks.

• Alex Wu
    Alex Wu
    2012-06-07

Thank you for your great job!

I got the same problem on opening the mind-map created by 0.9.0, javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Could not compile stylesheet.

I like the single instance mode very much, and hope the relevant fix can be released soon.

another problem is in some java look & feel, shortcut:Ctrl + Up does not work, for example  "Nimbus" , this happened both on 0.9.0 and 1.0.0 beta3

• Hi,

next try. I've put version 1.0.0 beta5 online. Can somebody please test this release with the newest java update on Windows? Functionality to test is the update from 0.9.0 maps. Please report the result here.

TIA, Chris

• Scrofulous
    Scrofulous
    2012-06-11

Success! I uninstalled 0.9.0, then installed 1.0.0 beta5. When I launched it, it automatically loaded the map I previously had open. After saying Yes to updating the map format, it loaded without a problem. The font looked a little weird at first, but once I maximized the window it looked normal again. Thanks for fixing this!

• Anonymous
    2012-07-10

still can not input chinese with mac os x 10.7 lion.

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)