Feature freeze for 0.9.0

2010-07-07
2013-04-12
  • On 2007-08-29, I have sent a feature freeze email to freemind-developer mailing list. As I cannot find the email in the archives of the mailing list using the web interface of the mailing list, I am reposting the email here, to make thing traceable. -Dan

Subject: Immediate feature freeze for 0.9.0 with exceptions allowed by me
    Date: 2007-08-29

Dear team,

I am declaring an immediate feature freeze in FreeMind development for release 0.9.0, with exceptions allowed by me.

Specific exceptions:

E1. The new scheme of choosing the color of selected nodes can remain in the software if it is switched off by default,
    E2. The new way of marking selected nodes with rectangle can remain in the software if it is switched off by default,
    E3. Should anyone want to develop the extension of UI for expert settings, this can remain in the software.

All further exceptions are possible only with my consent.

Best regards,
    Daniel Polansky
    FreeMind director

A follow-up

Dear team,

I am sending a refined specification of the feature freeze. Please, pay attention to it. The feature freeze is binding.

I am declaring an immediate feature freeze in FreeMind development for release 0.9.0, with exceptions allowed by me.

Specific exceptions:

E1. The new scheme of choosing the color of selected nodes can remain in the software if it is switched off by default,
    E2. The new way of marking selected nodes with rectangle can remain in the software if it is switched off by default,
    E3. Should anyone want to develop the extension of UI for expert settings, this can remain in the software.

All further exceptions are possible only with my consent.

All the future beta releases of FreeMind 0.9.0 series published in freemind-unstable package at SourceForge shall comply with the feature freeze, starting with FreeMind 0.9.0 beta 13.

Best regards,
    Daniel Polansky
    FreeMind director