this is the last planned alpha version available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/freemind/files/freemind-unstable/1.0.0_Alpha8/
The geographical map feature has evolved a lot.
Moreover, the quick-look plugin is ready for MacOsX.
See http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/FreeMind_1.0.0:_The_New_Features for a detailed list of these features.
The exact changes were:
Changes made in FreeMind 1.0.0 Alpha8
* Fixed https://sourceforge.net/projects/freemind/forums/forum/22102/topic/4801690
* Added spell checking. Thanks to the author Eicke.
* Map positions store its map-source
* Fixed "Jump to last edit location" in combination with automatic layout.
* Map: cursor movements added.
* Search bar added.
* Patch: filter by "not containing icon", https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=307118&aid=3442896&group_id=7118, Thanks to the author!
* Patch: File > Open should behave like File > Most Recent Files * https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=307118&aid=2975476&group_id=7118, Thanks to the author!
* Added property and functionality: folded nodes are hidden from map view.
* Change map position with drag&drop.
* Added map actions to node's context menu.
* Added quick look plugin to Mac installer (drop it to the library)
Best regards, Chris