FreeMind Version 1.0.0 RC2

2013-02-13
2013-06-13
  • Alex the Blond
    Alex the Blond
    2013-02-17

Hi christianfoltin!

I am going to translate (hu), but faced to some trouble. I am using poedit, so I need to convert properties to po and vice versa.
    When trying to convert back, there is an error. I traced it down and I found duplicated entry in the properties file.
    Please, include a check for duplicated entry detection in the toolchain and resolve this. I think both needed.

When using 0.9.0 I was working on a file. When I first run RC1 or RC2 it asks to convert the mindmap to the new version. If I ask "No" it freeze.

The duplicated entries:
    plugins/collaboration/socket/socket_master_plugin.description=The port to open on your host
    plugins/collaboration/socket/socket_master_plugin.description=Shares the current map to be jointly worked on with others. The access is protected by a password.

• Hi, i just want to say thanks i see you have fixed the issues i've reported about RC1.

• Hi theblond,

the resource files are corrected in git. Moreover, a bash script looks for duplicated keys inside of the build process.

Thanks for the comment,

Chris

• Carl Brusse
    Carl Brusse
    2013-03-12

Hi,

Great to see clone behaviour fixed, but I've noticed that the 'connection' between clone nodes breaks at some point.

Symptom:
    Initially, when editing one of the two nodes of a clone pair the 'blue helmet' shows up nicely on the other one to signal that its partner is being edited. That was when I created the clone pairs in a working document last night. But this morning there are no blue helmets, and any edits to clone nodes are not reflected on it's clone-partner.

Environment: Win7 laptop (last night) with Freemind 1.0.0 RC2 installer version, and Win7 desktop (this morning) with Freemind 1.0.0 RC2 installed from zip due to lack of admin privilages; and the .mm file in question was synced via dropbox (was never open in both at the same time).

This morning's clone-broken .mm file is here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1f5fufo8vwy053x/plansbroken.mm

(this was my first attempt at using cloning in a planning mind map: nodes on the left side representing different sub-tasks were cloned over to nodes on the right of the map which represent times and/or contexts in which to get them done.)

• Hi carl,

hmm, the clones in the file, you've posted, are working for me. Perhaps, the installation is the problem. Please, try the map on your laptop. Please send the log file of the desktop to me.

TIA, Chris

• Carl Brusse
    Carl Brusse
    2013-03-13

Addendum: the blue helmets are there for daughter nodes of the clones but not the clones themselves, and edits to daughter nodes of the clones are synchronised/mirrored, but not edits to the clone nodes themselves.

• Carl Brusse
    Carl Brusse
    2013-03-20

Sorry Chris for not replying sooner. The content of my work desktop's .freemind folder (with log files) is here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30366587/.freemind.7z

I can confirm that the same behaviour is observed on my home laptop, and also on my work desktop using a clean installation (ie with the .freemind folder removed). Namely, alterations to clone nodes aren't mirrored on their clones, but additions and edits to daughters of the clones are. The behaviour now also occurs with newly created clones on my working map (linked to previously), and with newly created clones in a fresh map.

Thanks,
    Carl

• Hi Carl,

this is a feature. Only children of the clone nodes are synchronized. This was explicitely whished here and makes sense IMHO.
    HTH, Chris

• Carl Brusse
    Carl Brusse
    2013-03-20

Ah, I see. apologies for the confusion.

Doesn't give me the functionality I was hoping for then: being able to use a node to represent a task inside a project branch that can be 'cloned over' to a specific todo list (for a day or a context, etc) and  then 'ticked off' with a physical style and have that reflected inside the project branch. It would've made Freemind the perfect GTD-like organiser (IMHO).

• Gill
      Gill
      2013-06-13

Actually it was me requesting this.

Right now (RC4 version) gives you the ability to choose the way you clone nodes. You can clone the whole nod, or clone only its children. Seems to be a minor detail, but in fact it is quite important.

If you clone the whole node, you should have the functionality you are aiming for. Unless i misunderstood what you meant.