Feature Request: "Merged View"

Anonymous
2012-09-21
2013-04-12

• Anonymous
    2012-09-21

Hello,

I would like to have the following feature (I hope I can describe it clearly :) :

Let's have the following tree:

(ROOT) - (HOME) - (PRIVATE) - (Account number)
                                    - (PUBLIC)  - (MANUALS) - (CAR) - (WHEEL REPAIR)
                                                                                    (SPORT) - (BIKE) - (CHAIN)
                                                                                                                    - (PEDALS)
                                                                                                      - (SKI)  - (WAXING)
                     - (WORK) - (PROJECTS) - (2012) - (PROJECT1) - (MANUALS) - (GOOGLE MAIL)
                                                                  - (2011) - (PROJECT1) - (MANUALS) - (MS WORD)

When I want to see MANUALS I want to have MANUALS node as a root of a new (readonly) tree.
    The resulting tree should looke like >

(MANUALS) - (ROOT/HOME/PUBLIC) - (CAR) - (WHEEL REPAIR)
                                                                       (SPORT) - (BIKE) - (CHAIN)
                                                                                                      - (PEDALS)
                                                                                         - (SKI)  - (WAXING)
                           - (ROOT/WORK/PROJECTS) - (2012/PROJECT1) - (GOOGLE MAIL)
                                                                                - (2011/PROJECT1) - (MS WORD)

I hope that my intent is clear from the example.
    Thank you for considering this or for tips how I can "emulate" such feature.

Slozka

• Hi,

please try if the functionality Tools->Set as root of version 1.0.0 Beta7 helps you.

HTH, Chris

• Anonymous
    2012-09-21

Hi,

thanks for a tip. I have just tested it and it goes in good direction :)
    But the fucntion you have mentioned does a root from one  concrete selected node  …But I want to make a  root from all nodes with the same name (_merged_ into one )

• Anonymous
    2012-09-21

…. and one more point to realize :

The resulting tree does not contain nodes not related to  merged nodes (MANUALS )… realize that the nodes (PRIVATE) and (Account number)  are not in the result  tree.
    So this operation is not reversible.