We are pleased to announce the release of FreeMat 3.3. Available for download from http://freemat.sf.net. Here is a brief summary of the new features in this version:
1. The output format for FreeMat is now closer to MATLABs, and can be adjusted using the format command.
2. The console window has been rewritten, and should be more robust and faster.
3. Contour plots in 2D and 3D are now supported, along with labels.
4. Anonymous functions are now supported.
5. Nested functions are now supported
6. Audio record/playback functionality has been added via the wavplay/wavrecord/etc. functions.
7. Memory usage has been improved. FreeMat should use less memory than previous versions.
8. Performance improvements.
9. Many new functions added. See the detailed change list for the complete list.
10. Bug fixes. See the detailed change list for the complete list.