Change Photometric value of TIFF image

Help
Nelson
2013-07-16
2013-07-16
  • Nelson
    Nelson
    2013-07-16

I'm converting an image to TIFF CCITT Group 4 Fax format using FreeImage with the SaveEx function. I'm using the parameters options:

FREE_IMAGE_COLOR_DEPTH.FICD_01_BPP_THRESHOLD | FREE_IMAGE_COLOR_DEPTH.FICD_FORCE_GREYSCALE

and the resulting image looks great when opened in the Windows image viewer. The image shows with a white background with all the text, etc. in black. However, when this image is put into our imaging system here at work, the black & white get inverted (the background becomes black and text becomes white). It's an old system and I'm not sure how it's doing this.

I compared the TIF header information of a known working TIFF against the one created by FreeImage. The only difference I can see is the Photometric Interpretation value. The working TIF has 0 is white and the non-working TIF is 0 is black. Yet, both pictures open and look the same when viewed in the Windows image viewer.

Any idea on how to change the Phtometric value using FreeImage when or before saving the TIF using SaveEx? Perhaps the imaging system is looking at the first pixel in the image? If so, anyway to change/force the color of that pixel to white?

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Kindest Regards,

Nelson