No false native starting locations suggestion

tom law
2011-06-25
2013-01-10
  • tom law
    tom law
    2011-06-25

When I chose the Large America map,the Inca had already started out with a city in the area in southwestern South America(which is correct)and an additional city in the area known today as Brazil(not correct at all).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Inca_Empire_South_America.png

Even worse,the Tupi in real life who only settled in a small island to the far south east of "Brazil",also had a tent set up in the "Brazillian" mainland.

• Mike Pope
    Mike Pope
    2011-06-25

The native nations are randomly placed in only an approximately correct position.  There are no fixed settlement locations on the maps.  That would be an interesting extension, especially for the America maps.  If someone added sensibly placed settlements to the maps and submitted it to the project, I expect the developers would be interested and add the code necessary to check for pre-placed settlements and not overwrite them.

• tom law
    tom law
    2011-06-25

.  If someone added sensibly placed settlements to the maps and submitted it to the project, I expect the developers would be interested and add the code necessary to check for pre-placed settlements and not overwrite them.

Anyone available to send in accurate native location maps to them?You'd be doing the players with historical interest in the New World and colonization chapter a big favour. :D

• Jay
    Jay
    2012-05-19

I was excited when I saw the improvements to Greenland on the new map, including a Cherokee placement that mimicked the Inuit… then got to Virginia and found the Inca there.

Anyway, did I just choose the wrong option or are you guys still waiting on a map?

I could throw something together pretty easily.