Menu

Some Suggestions/Questions...

2010-03-09
2013-04-03
  • SOL-Invictus

SOL-Invictus - 2010-03-09

Hi!

first of all: nice idea this application! :)

I'm using fosvm v0.03a and i found some points and questions i want to share here:

1) the install.sh is not putting stuff into the crontab, instead its writing the actual crontab into the fosvm/cron/tmp.cron file.
    Changing "crontab -l > cron/tmp.cron" to "crontab cron/tmp.cron" will fix this.

2) please mention in the readme.txt (or on the web-page) what dependency fosvm has (http-server, php5, php5-mysql, mysql with a user created which needs some (which exactly?) priviledges, etc)

3) When i want to change the RAM of a container i can change Dedicated RAM and the Burstable RAM - but what value i have to put there? in bytes? can i select MB or GB also? would be a nice feature :)

4) How is the actual fosvm development progress?

• Joe White

Joe White - 2010-07-23

Hello,
    I am aware that this comment has come very late after the initial comment was made, however I would like to make you (and the other readers) aware that there will be future development of the fosvm system, including documentation and additional features.
    One of the main problems is lack of support from other developers and those who would be willing to document the script accordingly.
    One of my other projects that will be released hopefulyl within the next month (OSCHMS) is to be an Open Source Web Hosting Management system similar to WHMCS. My sincere hope is that with the release of OSCHMS, fosvm will see new light with the intention of allowing fosvm to be stand alone or a plug in to OSCHMS.