Just Launched: You can now import projects and releases from Google Code onto SourceForge
We are excited to release new functionality to enable a 1-click import from Google Code onto the Allura platform on SourceForge. You can import tickets, wikis, source, releases, and more with a few simple steps. Read More
From: Bezprozvanny Alexander <alexander.bezprozvanny@ix...> - 2010-01-26 14:44:45
Today we (Alexey and myself) have tried the "latest and greatest" release of FOSDEM application and I must say: we ARE impressed! You managed to progress quite a lot from the last week's build! Very well done, everyone!
We have encountered a few glitches, though, and we also came up with a few improvements suggestions:
1. Once the user selects an event from the view and opens the screen with the event details, only OK button is visible. It will be very useful to add two more buttons: "Add to favourites" (marked by an asterick) and "Add to Calendar" (marked by the alarm clock icon), so these two actions could be performed from this view, without a need to get one screen back.
2. Please add GPL v2 notice to "About" screen.
3. DONE button in "About" screen does not close it, so the user is stuck here. The only way out is to kill the application. Forgot to connect clicked() signal to close() slot, perhaps? ;-)
4. In the Day View, all astericks are blue, even for the time slots which contain no favourites. They shall be grey, just like in the timeline view below.
5. In some windows OK button closes the window, but in some other windows it is done by DONE button. Please choose either one of these two to have a uniform look&feel.
6. Try to think a better title for "MainWindow"
7. If event search returns no results, no visible indication to the user is given, so the user might think that the feature does not work at all. Show some message in this case.
Having said that, I want to repeat again: you have done a VERY good job and I am very pleased with your work. I make sure that this message reaches Roman ;-)