Feature-Request: History

Bat Guano
2011-10-27
2013-05-23
  • Bat Guano
    Bat Guano
    2011-10-27

Holdrio.

I am missing a history-option, which tells me, how I have performed in the past, or at least in the past tournaments. Which information exactly should be stored, I cannot even say, but won and lost games should at least be counted. As for the tournaments, the minimum should be the information in which round I have lost a game. This could be a simple table with three columns for: won, played third round, played second round.

As regards the surprising misbehaviour of the Ai-players, I would also like to see a statistic about "terminal failures" (cue-ball pocketed together with the black ball) as well as the more frequent breach of rules like playing the white in the wrong direction, playing an opponents ball etc. But that would be luxury, I guess. ;-)

• Hi,

let us see (Feature Tracker  3316874). I think I can do this work …… but a little bit later

• Bat Guano
    Bat Guano
    2011-11-01

Whenever there is time and enthusiasm to make it a great feature. ;-)

• I want to realize the history function outside foobillard++. In gameplay I generate some xml-like files. These files you can call over a menu-option inside foobillard++. An opened internet-browser (like the manual) shows you the contents (a little bit with javascript and so on). I think I use jquery for better output.

• Bat Guano
    Bat Guano
    2011-12-14

So far I would agree (if there were any reason to take my opinions into account ).
    But isn't it a pity that the XML-code just created should be forced into a final form in this way? I venture, that the XML that you write about will be available for any purpose and that we just have to save it to my file-system.

But as regards the "final formatting", I  suggest to create an XSL stylesheet and to just reference that in the XML, for rendering in the browser. Give us 1 standard-sheet, and some hints so that anybody will be able to "style" her/his own history…

This may be a long post, when all I want to express is how much I abhor jquery. ;->
    You do not need jquery.

• Bat Guano
    Bat Guano
    2011-12-14

make that "save it to *our* file-system. You knew that. Anyway.

• Hello patguano,

contenance, the world still turns ;-)

Now I have something like "date, player 1, player 2, winner, hits, rounds" for every game. Tournament has to wait a little bit.

• In the upcoming release 3.42beta there is a history function implemented (without a javascript library ;-)). All works only with xml and xsl/xslt. The history is stored on linux in the home-directory and on ms-windows on the desktop. A directory foobillardplus-data is created and the history is stored in a sub-directory html. The program checks every new start, if there is a directory with an xml-file there. If not, a template with xml and xsl is created. You can edit the xsl files you like. The data-format of the xml file is easy to understand. If one of the xml-files are deleted, the recreating is invoked on startup of the binary.

In the svn-tree a working binary can be build with revision 98.

• Bat Guano
    Bat Guano
    2011-12-20

Very nice. I will see tomorrow if I can build and run the new revision (it is 1:05 AM in central Europe und ich muss jetz' pennen).

• I forgot: The history in revision 98 don't work on tournament and the tournament games write into the history of the normal games. I'm not ready with the tournament history. Hope to end the work this week. … und ich auch nu' ratzen :-)