Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

FOMM Crash

Help
Drakmyth
2009-05-20
2013-08-09
  • Drakmyth
    Drakmyth
    2009-05-20

Installing FOMM 0.9.14 working just fine. However, when I try to run it, I get an error message:

"Something bad seems to have happened. As long as it wasn't too bad, a crash dump will have been saved in 'fomm\crashdump.txt' Please include the contents of that file if you want to make a bug report"

Clicking OK then brings up the standard Microsoft error report dialog. Below is the contents of crashduump.txt:

----------

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 6:08:32 PM
    Fomm 0.9.14
    OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
       at System.Drawing.Font.GetHeight(Graphics graphics)
       at System.Drawing.Font.get_SizeInPoints()
       at System.Drawing.SystemFonts.FontInPoints(Font font)
       at System.Drawing.SystemFonts.get_MenuFont()
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripManager.get_DefaultFont()
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.get_Font()
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.SetOwner(ToolStrip newOwner)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemCollection.SetOwner(ToolStripItem item)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemCollection.Add(ToolStripItem value)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemCollection.AddRange(ToolStripItem[] toolStripItems)
       at Fomm.MainForm.InitializeComponent()
       at Fomm.MainForm..ctor(String fomod)
       at Fomm.Program.Main(String[] args)

----------

Note that I am running logged in as Administrator on a Win XP x64 machine. Fallout 3 runs just fine.

• Timeslip
      Timeslip
      2009-05-20

Never seen that one before, but a minute or two in google gave: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943140

Seems you have a broken font.

• Drakmyth
      Drakmyth
      2009-05-20

Incredible. I've been pulling my hair out for weeks with this one and no matter how hard I search I could find nothing. Your Google-Fu is far superior to mine. Turns out the registry key was missing altogether.

Thanks for the help.

• Gareth
    Gareth
    2013-07-02

@Drakmyth How did you set that key?

• Zumbs
      Zumbs
      2013-08-09

If you follow the link, there is a section called Resolution a bit down. If you are not used to working with the Windows registry, please google for a few tutorials to get the hang of it. And take care when doing the edits as mistakes can seriously screw up your machine!