It has been silent for a while now. But I want to ensure everyone that development on Foldersync is still going on.
Some nice additions have already been implement, allot of work is going into improving general usability.
Some of the changes since the 0.1 release:
* Foldersync now remember the size and state of the window when closing the application.
* Selecting the folder to synchronize has gotten a much improved interface. Allowing you to add favourite locations to your bookmarks.
You can see the new folder browser browsing an SFTP server over here : http://users.telenet.be/greenhouse/foldersync/releases/0.2/Screenshot-foldersync.png
* The simulation/synchronization have gotten a overhaul , you can now zoom in on a single folder by clicking it's button on top.
* SFTP support has been largely implemented.
* People have been found to add French/German en Spanish translations when the time comes.
If you want to help out with translating, drop me a e-mail.
The biggest change in 0.2 will be support for SCP and SFTP in Foldersync. This will likely be implemented using the SSH2 lib from http://www.ganymed.ethz.ch/ssh2/ (Thnx to them).
I am still looking for translators. Specifically German and French, but any translations are welcome. Contact me!.
The first feature complete, stable version of Foldersync has aired.
Some of the changes against the latest Beta version include:
- Now using Java web start to distribute.
- Exponentially less memory consumption.
- Better memory management.
- More detailed error information.
- No more resize/changing labels effects
- Translation updates (nl/eng)
- New splash screen, Icons and header.
- Lots of fixes.
Full list: http://foldersync.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/\*checkout*/foldersync/foldersync/0.1/README.TXT?revision=12... read more
A new beta has been uploaded. Big changes in this one. Once again, a windows installer and a Java archive is provided.
To use the archive, use "java -jar foldersync_0.1beta2.jar".
Many changes/fixes in this version:
* Fix "copy newer".
* Threading fixes.
* Large code optimization.
* Faster, more accurate needed space calculations.
* No more resize effects when changing steps.
* More detailed problem reporting.
* Translation updates.
* GUI should stay "snappy", even on heavy load.
* New splash screen.... read more
The first Beta version of Foldersync has been uploaded to SourceForge.
Foldersync wants to be a cross platform tool to synchronize files and folders. Easy to use for novice users through a step by step approach, but with enough features to be usefully for every desktop user.
Most quirks should already be fixed, but please help me find the rest. Feature request are welcome.
At the moment, Foldersync has the following features:... read more