How to stop Folder Size

Help
Antonimo
2006-02-22
2013-04-29
  • Antonimo
    Antonimo
    2006-02-22

How do I stop Folder Size other than going to the Task Manager and using "end process" on FolderSizeSvc.exe?

I have version 2.2 installed in Windows XP Pro SP2

Befire I upgraded frmo version 1.9 there was an icon in the system tray - that icon no longer appears.

Regadrs,

• Brio
      Brio
      2006-03-04

The nicer way to stop it is to use the control panel to stop the service. You can also pause the service, which pauses the background scanning, but doesn't unload all the data it has accumulated.

• Antonimo
      Antonimo
      2006-03-19

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the response - I hadn't even noticed that FolderSize had appeared in the control panel. I shall use this method from now on.

Is a tray icon possible for starting, pausing and stopping the service?

I had been experiencing the problem mentioned by Danar in the Open Discussion thread at http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1398305&forum_id=433095 trying to disconnect USG storage devices as well as unmounting virtual drives.

I had tried to unmount the virtual drives several times but always suceeded after stopping the service.

• Hydrix
      Hydrix
      2006-04-05

If you have need to stop the service often, you can place a batch file on your desktop (or wherever) with the following Line:

-- Begin Code --

@NET STOP "Folder Size"

-- End Code --

HTH