The first release candidate for FLTK 1.1.4 is now available for
download and testing. You now have until June 9th, 2003 to
report any problems with this release candidate using the
software trouble report form at the following URL:
If no priority 4 or 5 STRs are received and confirmed before
this date, FLTK 1.1.4 will be released.
Note: Since problems reported on the FLTK newsgroups or mailing
lists are *not* automatically entered as STRs, it is important
that you report any problems using the STR form.
---- Draft FLTK 1.1.4 Release Announcement ----
The FLTK Team is proud to announce the release of FLTK 1.1.4,
a cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit for UNIX(r)/Linux(r) (X11),
Microsoft(r) Windows(r), and MacOS(r) X. FLTK provides
modern GUI functionality without the bloat and supports 3D
graphics via OpenGL(r) and its built-in GLUT emulation.
The FLTK 1.1.4 release is primarily a bug-fix release including
fixes to FLUID and the Fl_File_Chooser, Fl_Help_View,
Fl_Text_Display, and Fl_Text_Editor widgets. The new release
also adds a find method to Fl_Help_View.
FLTK is provided under the GNU Library Public License with
exceptions that allow for static linking.
Changes since FLTK 1.1.3 include:
- The file chooser did not reset the click count when
changing directories; if you clicked on a file in the
same position after changing directories with a
double- click, the chooser treated it as a triple
click (STR #27)
- Symbols with outlines did not get drawn inactive.
- The Fl_Help_View widget now provides a find() method
to search for text within the page.
- The Fl_Help_Dialog widget now provides a search box
for entering text to search for.
- The default font encoding on OSX did not match the
default on WIN32 or X11.
- Menu items were not drawn using the font specified in
the Fl_Menu_Item structure (STR #30)
- Long menus that were aligned such that the top of an
item was exactly at the top of the screen would not
scroll (STR #33)
- The OS issues appendix incorrectly stated that MacOS
8.6 and 9 were supported; they are not (STR #28)
- Fixed handling of nested double-buffered windows (STR
- Showing a subwindow inside a hidden window would crash
the application (STR #23)
- OSX users couldn't enter some special chars when using
some foreign key layouts (STR #32)
- Hiding subwindows on OSX would hide the parent window
- Added thin plastic box types.
- Fl_Pack ignored the box() setting and cleared any
unused areas to the widget color; it now only does so
if the box() is set to something other than FL_NO_BOX.
- Updated the Fl_Tabs widget to offset the first tab by
the box dx value to avoid visual errors.
- Updated the plastic up box to draw only a single
border frame instead of the old double one for
- Updated the default background color on OSX to provide
- Fl_Text_Display and friends now look for the next
non-punctuation/space character for word boundaries
- gl_font() didn't work properly for X11 when Xft was
used (STR #12)
- Fl_File_Browser incorrectly included "." on WIN32 (STR
- Include shellapi.h instead of ShellAPI.h in the WIN32
drag-n-drop code in order to work with the MingW cross
compiler (STR #6)
- The cursor was not properly restored when doing
drag-n-drop on X11 (STR #4)
- Fl::remove_fd() didn't recalculate the highest file
descriptor properly (STR #20)
- Fl_Preferences::deleteGroup() didn't work properly
- Fixed the fl_show_file_selector() function - it was
copying using the wrong string size (STR #14)
- fl_font() and fl_size() were not implemented on MacOS
- Sorted the icon menu bar in fluid.
- Fixed minor memory access complaints from Valgrind
- Compiling src/flstring.h on OS X with BSD header would
- Fl_Text_Editor didn't scroll the buffer when the user
pressed Ctrl+End or Ctrl+Home.
- Fl_Text_Editor didn't show its cursor when the mouse
was moved inside the window.
- FLUID now uses an Fl_Text_Display widget for command
output, which allows you to copy and paste text from
command output into other windows.
- Fl_Gl_Window could cause a bus error on MacOS X if the
parent window was not yet shown.
- FLUID could crash after displaying a syntax error
dialog for the callback code.
- FLUID would reset the callback code if you opened the
widget panel for multiple widgets.
- Added a NULL check to Fl_Text_Display (SF Bug #706921).
- The fltk-config script placed the LDFLAGS at the wrong
place in the linker options.
- Fl_Text_Display didn't draw the outer box in the right
dimensions, so it was invisible.
- Fl_Help_Dialog used the same color for links as for
the background, causing links to be invisible on pages
without a background color set.