Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

TestFixedArraySize

Developers
2013-11-09
2013-11-10
  • Guus Bonnema
    Guus Bonnema
    2013-11-09

Hi Paul,

Above test currently aborts. The reason is, that the component defines 3 output ports in OUT, while the testprogram only uses 2. In comments you show the option: optional, which would resolve the problem.

Just to be sure, I would like to know whether you wanted the test to work for only optional and abort for non-optional?

I could translate this to the following test cases:

1. a fixed array with exactly the amount of ports specified in the component: should run without error.
    2. a fixed array with 1 port less and non-optional: should abort.
    3. a fixed array with 1 port less and optional: should run without error
    4. a fixed array with 0 ports and optional: should it run, or should it abort?

Regards, Guus.

• Good question - #4 should run maybe - what do you think?

I know another bad habit of mine is to use the same network for multiple tests, just changing a component name or changing the connectivity... You're right they should all be different tests - and I guess with junit you can say whether you expect a crash or a run... right?

Thanks as always

• Guus Bonnema
    Guus Bonnema
    2013-11-10

ok, thanks. Yes, junit allows to specify correctness as being a crash, and no crash to be a fail.

Ok, will check whether it works with 0 ports.

Regards, Guus.