FLoM, Free Lock Manager, a free and open source lock manager
FLoM (Free Lock Manager) is an open source and free lock manager designed to
serialize and synchronize shell command execution.
A list of implemented use cases is listed at this URL:
This is a brief list of the available features:
- synchronization of shell commands to avoid conflicts on files, directories,
- enforcement of command order execution to avoid one command is executed
before another one
- resource utilization leveling to avoid too many similar tasks run at the
- all the synchronization features are available inside a single host or in
a distributed environment using TCP/IP networking
- an autodiscovery feature is available to reduce deployment complexity in a
distributed environment (every node at any time may become a "server" for
the others node)
* FLoM is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify under the terms
* of GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software
* FLoM is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
* GNU General Public License for more details.
Download the tarball from SourceForge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/flom/
and install FLoM using standard GNU build chain:
tar xvzf flom-X.Y.Z.tar.gz
sudo make install
refer to INSTALL file for more details.
to read man page and pick up Internet relevant URLs for FLOM project.
to perform package automatic tests.
NOTE: do *NOT* run tests on a system that's using flom because some tests
need to kill all FLoM running instances and this is not acceptable if
you are playing production workloads. DO USE A TEST SYSTEM!
NOTE: tests needs the system is NOT overloaded because they stick on timing
and timing breaks if the system is overloaded.
If you need some help (usage tricks, hints, etc...) please post a message in
the forum: http://sourceforge.net/p/flom/discussion/
If you think you have discovered a bug, please open a ticket here:
If you avoided to send me an e-mail I would be happy: forum posts and tickets
can be seen by many people and I should not answer the same questions many