Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Flighttrack works well with Forerunner 201

teostress
2005-04-09
2013-04-03
  • teostress
    teostress
    2005-04-09

I have a Forerunner 201 and I can download from my Forerunner 201 trough a Serial to USB wire done by Wiretek.

I have perfectly downloaded either maps and DEMs, and I find this software really what lacked in the osx GPS panorama!

Thank you for your efforts, should you need an italian localization, I could do it for you!

Matteo

• kleinman
      kleinman
      2005-05-14

I would be very interested to know how you manage to make the FR201 work with FlightTrack.
      Did you change the source code? Because looking at it, it seems to me that Track header message D311 needs to be properly implemented to make this work.

Please give us more insight.

• teostress
        teostress
        2005-06-30

Unfortunatley, with the new release (0.17) my Forerunner (connect via a serial to USB cable) works but, whenever the tracks are loaded, the program crashes and I can't continue. It worked just at 9600 baud, but with the previus releases.
        Now I am using Virtual PC together with gpsvisualizer.com.

Matteo

• I use the shareware Link2GPS from HikeTech.com to download tracks from my ForeRunner 201 to my iBook. Recent releases save in GPX format, which FlightTrack can read.

• I'd like to report it works perfectly with my Garmin ForeTrex 201 too. I'm using a serial-usb cable (Prolific PL-2303), and downloading tracks and waypoints works perfectly. Thank you for a great program!