Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

filenames of images

smoover
2006-02-24
2013-03-22
  • smoover
    smoover
    2006-02-24

It would be nice to have an option to set the names of the images to their titles in flickr, maybe with the option to replace SPACES with underscores and automatic renumbering, should an image-name already exist. Great app btw ;)

• Andrew Serff
      Andrew Serff
      2006-02-24

This has been request before and I think I finally have all the info I need to implement it.  I'm going to force titles to conform to the ISO9660 standard for filenames.  So as long as your title conforms to that, you should be fine. 

• Andrew Serff
      Andrew Serff
      2006-03-27

Just wanted to let you all know that I have this 90% complete.  Just need to make sure the Titles are valid filenames and then I'm done with it.  If you want to try it out, check out the HEAD of the CVS repository. 

• fire
      fire
      2006-09-12

Hello,
      I've got some images on flickr which all have the same title. In FlickrBackup, I selected "Use Photo Titles as Filenames". I did a backup and I realized that all the images that have the same filename are overwriting each other. Only the last image is the copy that is kept on my hard drive.

Now, I could turn off "Use Photo Titles as Filenames", but I still worry about filenames that have the same title, such as "img00001". What must I do?

• *blink*

Um.  Rename your images on Flickr? 

Just guessing.

• Andrew Serff
      Andrew Serff
      2006-09-12

If you turn off "Use Photo Titles as filenames" then it will use the flickr photo unique names (a big long jumble of numbers and characters).  So you won't have that issue.  I'll have to add some logic to check if the name exists before it writes it and it if does, add a number to the end.  Sorry about that! 

Andrew

• Andrew Serff
      Andrew Serff
      2006-09-12

I just fixed this incase you wanted to get the new stuff from CVS.  I'll release a new version after I figer out what to do about the partial downloads...

• J.v.Oertzen
      J.v.Oertzen
      2007-03-02

Is this project still alive? The posts and the last release are quite old.
      I have the same prob, that identique headlines leads to overwriten photos.

When is a v1.1 expected?

• Andrew Serff
        Andrew Serff
        2007-03-02

It's not dead, but I haven't had time to work on it for a while. If anyone wants to help, please let me know.