Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

full resolution downloads

daveM
2006-07-19
2013-03-22
  • daveM
    daveM
    2006-07-19

is it possible to download the original full resolution photos?  or only the reduced size photos? 

also on windows xp, i don't see any way to cancel a download.  there is no progress bar and the main screen is frozen while downloading.  i am trying to cancel because i do not want the low resolution files.

thanks

-dave

• Andrew Serff
      Andrew Serff
      2006-07-19

I'm confused.  The little images that are loading when you launch it are just thumbnails so you can decide which photos to download.  Then you check some or all of the check boxes.  Then at the bottom, click on the "Backup Selected" button.  This will launch the download wizard (http://sunkencity.org/images/6.png).  You choose where to download the files to and hit "Start Download".  This will download the Original Size images from flickr to your specified destination.  The only way it would NOT download the full size images is if it can't find them.  Then it tries one of the smaller sizes.  If that still isn't working for you, let me know. 

P.S. once you hit "Backup Selected" it stops loading the thumbnail images from your flickr account.  I have thought about adding a stop loading button and I have also thought about making those panels not load until you hit a button.  would either of these things interest you?

• daveM
        daveM
        2006-07-19

sorry...my bad.  i thought the file sizes were bigger than they actually are for some of my sets.

i only have about 15 sets so i think it did load all of them before i hit "backed selected". 

this seems to doing the job now.  my requests would be to have the sets placed in individual folders, to use the photo's names rather than flickr random letters and numbers and to be able to monitor and cancel the download.  that would be icing on the cake, but at least i can get my photos back easily now.  thanks.

• daveM
          daveM
          2006-07-19

ps. it seems to have finished downloading, but the program has frozen.  i needed to end it from the task manager.

• Andrew Serff
          Andrew Serff
          2006-07-19

Your request at the end is implemented in the baseline that is checked into CVS.  I just haven't released it because I've been too busy.  I'm fixing another bug right now where it won't let you download private sets.  Once I'm done with that, i'll release a new version.

• daveM
            daveM
            2006-07-19

i'm looking forward to the update.  thanks again.

-dave