2005-02-18
2013-03-07
  • Welcome to flash3Dengine

• Emil
      Emil
      2005-03-07

Awesome work!
      I just started working with the engine.

I want to create a textured cube and to rotate inside it, is there any way to do this with your engine ?

• Bernd Will
        Bernd Will
        2005-03-07

Hi,
        sorry to say: You can forget about texturing and rendering things in flash during runtime. Flash is absolutley terrible when it comes to real time 3d rendering. Therefore, I suggest to work with movieclips. My best guess is, to use swift3d (or any other 3d product) to make the rendering of all 360 degrees of your objects. Then you pack these views into a movie clip (with all 360 degree views ordered along the timeline) and put them in a movieclip.
        Check the tutorials to find an example how to do this.
        Cya, Bernd

• Emil
      Emil
      2005-03-08

Hi Bernd, thanks for the reply, Swift it's not a solution for me...
      I saw plenty of textured cubes but none with _inside movement_ :( and yes it's possible with pretty good performance.

in need something like this:
      http://www.artifactinteractive.com.au/dev/maze.html

But more accurate and with all the 6 cube faces mapped with different textures.
      Any chance to talk to you on a messenger ? (my YM: emiltamas )

• jadd
      jadd
      2005-03-09

hi Bern,
      i've just dowloaded your 3d engine and i would know if there is an example fla of the movie "objects and flyaround" in your main page. Thanks.

• Bernd Will
        Bernd Will
        2005-03-09

Hi,

I will publish a new version of the engine in the next weeks including this "objects and flyaround" example and many more new effects. So please be patient for a few days now. Thank you.

Regards, Bernd