I know its no biggy, and I only noticed this on a slow connection, the load status bar is only about 70% complete when the database has loaded, picture attached if that helps.
load database picture
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.
Have you tried with the last released snapshot? I can't reproduce this with recent code, so maybe it's already been fixed?
Yes, this happens on build 0.9.2.1851
It also hapens when you "Extract Meta DDL".
On a local db you will never notice this, I regularly connect to a db on the internet which seems to slow the load process down and its really noticable.
I didn't mean the 0.9.2 but the latest 0.9.3 version, which you can download at SourceForge.net under https://sourceforge.net/projects/flamerobin/files/flamerobin-snapshots/0.9.x
Could you please try this one?
Yes it still happens, with the exception that the bar now jumps back to about 10% complete when its all loaded, this is with version 0.9.3.2077.
I have another image but am unable to load it.
I think I do now understand what the problem is: You are using either Windows Vista or Windows 7 with Aero enabled, and the progress bar animation makes the visual appearance of the progress bar lag behind the actual value. If you switch to the classic UI you will find that the progress bar works like it should.
While I could hack around the native Windows behaviour I don't think it would be a good idea. If you feel strongly about it, please discuss on the dev list, otherwise I'll close this as a "won't fix".
yes, windows 7 with aero, with classic settings works fine. Agree with the Wont Fix option :-)