Menu

Flam4 now running on Macs

2010-01-07
2013-04-22
  • Steven Brodhead Sr.

Flam4 has been ported to the latest Mac OS versions, Leopard and Snow Leopard. It runs on a good number current shipping Macs, as most have an NVidia GPU installed on them.

If you have a Mac, download load it and give it a spin. It works great with Oxidizer, which is the Mac equivalent of Apophysis.

• ZombieFlanders

ZombieFlanders - 2010-01-16

I'm not sure if this is a problem in the mac version or not, I don't have a PC with a CUDA enabled card to test this, but no one has posted a similar problem in the newest PC versions.  I can render an animation successfully with Oxidizer, however, if I take the same .flam3 file and open it with flam4 and try to render a batch of png files if only renders the 2 fractals listed in the flam file, not the 75 frames Oxidizer renders.  The animation preview feature however will interpolate between frames, of course those don't get saved.

If there is something I am screwing up help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Steven Brodhead Sr.

That bug was fixed in Version 0.74. Oxidizer gives the same name to each frame and Flam4 was using that as each frame's file name. If the problem still exists with that version, please let us know.