Menu

Flacsquisher copies files but doesnt encode them

Help
2014-12-11
2015-08-01
  • Steve Kelfer

Steve Kelfer - 2014-12-11

I am trying to use flacsquisher to convert a large library of flac files to mp3 preserving directory structure. Whenever I run flacsquisher it simply copies the flacs to the target directory without encoding anything. Doesn't matter what encoder is selected or what options are used. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

• UNHchabo

UNHchabo - 2014-12-11

Can you upload one of your files somewhere and send me a link via PM?

FlacSquisher has the ability to copy files without conversion; this is done by file extension, set in the Options menu. By default though, this is only done for .jpg and .png files.

• geneticsware

geneticsware - 2015-07-24

Just FYI, I am using v1.3.5, and I changed the files to copy option (moved mp3 from ignore to copy), and all of a sudden no encoding happened, flacs were copied, as described above. I clicked the defaults button, and instantly encoding to mp3 occurred.
    I have some mp3 files in my flac directory, so just wanted to copy those while encoding the flacs. No problem, I will copy those outside of your program.
    FlacSquisher is VERY useful, thanks.

• UNHchabo

UNHchabo - 2015-08-01

I've used FlacSquisher myself to copy MP3 files in this way before, and haven't had this issue. That's very odd.

I'm thinking of adding a logging feature in, so that may help me to debug your issue. In the meantime, can you send me the contents of your config file by private message? You can find it at %APPDATA%\FlacSquisher\config.cfg