Menu

Copying of cover files?

MsJaye
2009-02-03
2013-05-23
  • MsJaye

MsJaye - 2009-02-03

Hey there,

This project looks like exactly what I've wanted for a while, many thanks. Might I suggest that it'd be useful to be able to specify patterns for files that should be directly copied from the source FLAC directories, into the target directories? This would allow cover art, lyric files and other such things to be copied across as part of the munging process, and would save having to do so manually.

Again, thanks.
    Jaye.

• UNHchabo

UNHchabo - 2009-02-12

You can do this already, starting with Beta 0.3.2 (which is improperly labeled in the title bar as 0.3.1... oh well :/ )

Go to Tools->Options, and you'll see "File extensions to ignore". By default this is "txt jpg log pdf". Any file whose name ends in one of those strings gets ignored. To the right of that, there's a checkbox marked "Copy these files". You want to check that box, in order to have those files copied to the destination directory.

If there's any way I can make this functionality more robust, let me know.

I'm glad to hear you like the project!

UNHchabo

• MsJaye

MsJaye - 2009-07-02

Hey there,

I've just had a look at version 0.50. Things seem to be progressing well, however, I'm not sure that the solution you provide for handling copying of cover images (as described above) is quite right as yet.

As I imagine is pretty common, I keep all the FLAC files for an album in a single directory along with a single file for the cover: cover.jpg. If I set the "File Extensions To Ignore" box to only "jpg", and turn on "Copy These Files", then cover.jpg is copied to the target directory, however, the file cover.jpg is also treated as a FLAC by the transcoder, and I get cover.jpg.mp3 in the target directory.

Might I suggest having two separate text boxes: "Ignore these files" and "Copy these files"? Probably best to allow * wildcards, rather than forcing the user to just use an extension in both of these, too, for added flexibility (IE: "*.jpg" rather than "jpg". Or at least make it such that "cover.jpg" only matches files with that suffix.)

Once again, thanks for your time. Hope I'm not being too picky. :)
      Jaye.

• UNHchabo

UNHchabo - 2009-09-03

Hi Jaye,

I fixed the bug with encoding the files that are supposed to be copied in 0.5.1, so that shouldn't happen again.

I added a second box in 0.5.2, so now you can (for example) choose to copy cover art, and ignore log files.

I can add support for wildcards, but just to let you know how I implemented those boxes; I don't actually check to see if the string is an extension, I just see if the file ends in the string. I will implement it such that "copy" overrides "ignore", since it's the other way around at the moment.

If you have any other suggestions, please keep 'em coming! ;)

Thanks,
      UNHchabo