Menu

OpenSUSE Support?

Help
AdamB
2009-08-07
2013-05-08
  • AdamB

AdamB - 2009-08-07

Is it possible to get this driver working on OpenSUSE 11.1?

I just tried doing the configure/make/make install.

At first, it complained about not having XARGS, when it reality it was complaining about not having XARGS-dev, which I loaded as part of the x11-dev package in YaST. Then it complained about not having HAL (again, it wanted HAL-dev).

But now, configure will work, but make won't.

It says:
    Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-2.6.26.25.-0.1 -obj/i386/default
    *** No rule to make target 'modules'. Stop.

... then the rest of the make errors out.

Any ideas?

• Robert Gerlach

Robert Gerlach - 2009-08-11

Hello,

try to install the linux headers (or linux sources alternatively) and retry.

Robert

• AdamB

AdamB - 2009-08-11

Can you be more specific? What package I am missing? Or what commands I should use?

• Robert Gerlach

Sorry, I've no opensuse available. In debian/ubuntu the package is called linux-headers which depends on all other packages needed to build kernel modules. Opensuse should do it similar. Please search the package list with Yast.

Robert

• Robert Gerlach

I have found an older opensuse live-cd, for this I need xorg-x11-devel, hal-devel, xosd-devel and kernel-syms.

Hope it helps.
        Robert

• AdamB

AdamB - 2009-08-11

OK, so that installed, but it doesn't seem to work. I am running KDE 4. Were you able to get it working with the live CD?

• Robert Gerlach

Robert Gerlach - 2009-08-17

Yes, but it is a opensuse 11.0 CD. I'll try to find the time to download and test a opensuse 11.1, hopefully tomorrow. Please be patient.

Btw, what's not working exactly? Start / autostart of fscd or fscrotd, the tablet buttons, the rotation at all or the screen rotation at display rotation? And what hardware do you have?

• AdamB

AdamB - 2009-08-17

The start/autostart isn't working (the green message doesn't appear like it did on Ubuntu) and the buttons etc don't work. I have a Fujitsu T2010.

• Robert Gerlach

Robert Gerlach - 2009-08-19

I have issues to get the intel xorg driver running. Only the vesa driver works, but vesa doesn't provides all features fjbtndrv needs.
          Please start fscd or fscrotd in xterm, any error messages?

• Nobody/Anonymous

I got it working. First, please make sure the intel driver is working. For me, I have to add the BusID option to the device session in xorg.conf.
            Then, please check if the kernel module loaded (`lsmod | grep fsc_btns'). If not, please call `depmod -a' and reboot. The module should be loaded automatically at boot time.
            And last but not least, check for a "fsc_btns" input device (`xinput list'). If it not exists, please add the following session to your xorg.conf.

Section "InputDevice"
                Driver       "evdev"
                Identifier   "fsc_btns"
                Option       "Phys" "fsc/input0"
              EndSection

Then add this line to the ServerLayout session in your xorg and restart the xserver (or reboot).

InputDevice  "fsc_btns" "SendCoreEvents"

I hope it helps.

Robert

PS: Please send me a feedback for my QA list.

• AdamB

AdamB - 2009-08-23

Unfortunately I removed OpenSUSE and went back to Ubuntu. Will probably re-install OpenSUSE at some point and will let you know. Thanks for all your work on this!

• Nobody/Anonymous

I was able to install the driver on Opensuse 11.2. I needed the dependencies as noted by khnz in post 6 (including gcc, make, kernel-headers)
    After compilation I tried to load the module (modprobe fsc_btns), that didn't work, so I ran `depmod -a' and rebooted.
    The driver is loaded, but with some issues. Only half the keys work, "Fn" doesn't do anything at all, and the rotation key is sometimes too keen on doing the job, and turns the screen twice.
    It would also be nice to  be able to reverse the rotation…

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Steven