Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

KEY_LEFTALT breaks KEY_LEFTCTRL

2010-09-18
2013-05-08
  • Scott Logan
    Scott Logan
    2010-09-18

Correct me if I am wrong…

Pertaining to fsc_btns.c…

Inside the static const unsigned long modification_mask is a list of keys that should be "sticky" (remain in "pressed" state for STICKY_TIMEOUT). KEY_LEFTCTRL is on that list, but it doesn't get caught by test_bit(keycode, modification_mask) - which is inside fscbtns_sticky_report_key - when KEY_LEFTALT is present in modification_mask. I commented it out, and it worked fine.

Any idea as to why this is?

I have built a DKMS RPM for these drivers on Fedora 13, and also modified the synaptics drivers to support rotation via the same method as wacom's rotation. My goal is to get near-identical functionality on Fedora as with windows, with the exception of the fingerprint reader.

Excellent work on the drivers!

Look forward to hearing from you,

-scott

• Robert Gerlach
    Robert Gerlach
    2010-09-19

Hello scott,,

this is an intentional behavior. If one mod-key sticky, the second mod-key is handled as normal (non-mod-) key. The fscd daemon needs this behavior to access the configure- and brightness-adjust-modes (I don't want 3-button combos ;o). But it's okay to remove this hack , if you don't need fscd.

robert
    (ps: and sorry for my english, I hope you understand what I wrote)