I'm a newbie in GT.M, and I want to connect
    to M via sckserv1 routine, but when I connect
    from client trough I.E. I cannot receive anything
    from the server. Why?

Thanks for all!

Regards

Hagoromo

• Vinaya Revannaswamy

Hagoromo, thank you for your interest in GT.M. Could you please help us by detailing what you are attempting. What is the role of I.E (I presume that you are referring to Internet Explorer)? Are you running any script from IE that attempts to connect to the GT.M socket server SCKSERV1. Is the connection successful? Did GT.M log any error on accepting the connection? Is any data sucessfully sent over the TCP connection between client and server? You could run netstat to find out whether or not the connection was successful, and if data sent from client is sitting in the server side socket Recv Queue.  If you could provide us with an example case that doesn't work as expected, we'd be happy to investigate further.

Thanks,
      Vinaya
      Sanchez Computer Associates, Inc

• Hagoromo Flins

Hagoromo Flins - 2002-06-19

Hi Vinaya,

Thanks for the reply!
      In the server, I call the single^sckserv1(1234,60)
      In the client side, from Internet Explorer, I go to
      (xxx.xxx.xxx:1234) server address, but the I.E.
      is waiting for a long time and not receiving anything.
      It seems fail to connect, and when I push the
      stop button in I.E. menu bar, the sckserv1 job in
      the server ends.

I'm a user of MSM, and I use the 'MSERVER' routine for open a socket trough device 56 (TCP). Receiving GET data from the client explorer, my routine(s) in the server returns M data.

I want to make that with our routines (sckcli &
      sckserv).

It's possible?

Thanks and best regards!

Hagoromo

• Vinaya Revannaswamy

Hagoromo, when you specify URL xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1234, the protocol chosen (by default) is HTTP. It is not clear that SCKSERV1.m talks HTTP. If you wish to test TCP communication using GT.M, try SCKCLI.m to connect to SCKSERV1.

Currently, the SCKSERV1 routine stores every incoming message in the global ^SCKSERV($JOB). You can modify it to store outgoing messages as well. After you connect from IE and disconnect (by pressing the STOP button), ZWR the global ^SCKSERV($J) on the server side. You will notice that SCKSERV1.m is not talking HTTP. IE also complains that the message sent from SCKSERV1 does not conform to the HTTP syntax. Also, notice that single^SCKSERV1 is written to server only one connection. The server routine quits after servicing one connection. Try multi^SCKSERV2 for serving multiple connections.

Please refer to the forum "Applications - web access, CGI" for ways of connecting up GT.M with CGI.

Hope this helps,
        Vinaya

• Hagoromo Flins

Hagoromo Flins - 2002-06-26

Very thanks for your help, Vinaya!

And congratulations for your work with GT.M.

Sincerely,

Hagoromo